11 March, 2010

Feed Me Seymore!

I really have been trying to do better in all aspects of my fitness. Lately things have not been going so well and during the course of the Winter added more weight than I care to admit. Now things have been taking a slow, but steady turn around once more for the better. Some days I'm better at it than others, and other days I just want to eat. I've found the most critical thing for me is tracking. Once I get side-tracked (get it?) it's almost impossible for me to get back on target for the day. Phrases like "I'll do better tomorrow," really annoy me because during the Winter months that was my modus operandi. So last night I'm at the mall with my kids and they both opted for the Subway route. I've been doing my best to train them in what is good and what is bad. I'm proud they decided to bypass the McDonald's and the A&W for something far more better. I wish I would have been able to stay on the same course as them. I opted for the Chinese restaurant and an orange chicken and teriyaki chicken combo. Well, today I've done much better so far. Had a bit of oatmeal for breakfast and a 2-point weight watcher snack bar for mid-morning. However, I'm so hungry right now I could eat just about anything. Currently I've got a stick of gum in my mouth and hope that will last till lunch which will consist of a snack bar, a 2-point bag of weight watcher chips and an apple. Then I have a few more smaller snacks prepared, which should hold me over till dinner. Can I do it? I think I can, I think I can. I just wish I wasn't so hungry, I need to do better at shopping for filling foods. I need to do better at making decent dinners. I need to do better at preparing decent lunches and breakfasts. Maybe then I won't feel the need to eat whatever comes my way. Maybe then I won't feel the need to eat whatever tastes good, just because I'm hungry and perhaps a little lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment